Exeter-West Greenwich Regional School District, Rhode Island
- Main article: Evaluation of Rhode Island school district websites
- School committee meetings are posted on the front page. Agenda and minutes are available.
- Administrative officials are listed with contact information.
- School committee members are listed with contact information.
- District report cards are posted.
- Budget summary is posted, full budget is not available.
- Does not provide information on taxes, audits, contracts, background checks, and how to make public record requests.
The School committee is composed of seven members.
Thomas Geismar is the Superintendent.
The proposed budget for 2009-2010 is $29,404,230. This is a minor increase over the 2008-09 actual budget, which was $29,357,657.
During FY 2008 the District spent $15,239 per pupil.
In response to the No Child Left Behind Act, Rhode Island joined with Vermont and New Hampshire to create Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) and the New England Common Assessment Program (NECAP). NECAP results can be found on the Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education site.
Each year Information Works! (a partnership between the R.I. Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Center for School Improvement and Educational Policy at the University of Rhode Island) puts out an annual report on public education in Rhode Island, creating detailed report cards for each district.
2007-08 District school performance
In the 2007-08 school year, 5 schools (100%) in the district were classified as making Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP), none were Regents' Commended schools, and none were identified as in need of improvement.
|Classification||Number of schools||Percentage of schools|
|Made Adequate Yearly Progress||5||100%|
|Did not make AYP - Caution||0||0%|
|Did not make AYP - Insufficient Progress||0||0%|
The chart below details school classification indicators and targets:
|Level||Math 2008 state target||District's index score||English 2008 state target||District's index score|
The chart below details the percentage of students reaching proficiency on the following subjects:
- ↑ Calendar
- ↑ Agenda
- ↑ Minutes
- ↑ Administration
- ↑ School Committee
- ↑ Report Card
- ↑ Budget summary
- ↑ Exeter-West Greenwich school committee
- ↑ Exeter-West Greenwich 2009-10 Budget Summary
- ↑ RIDE - FY 2008 Per Pupil Expenditures
- ↑ Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education - New England Common Assessment Program
- ↑ Infoworks! 2009 School District Performance Report
- ↑ Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Accountability 2009 Report
- ↑ Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Assessments 2009 Report
- ↑ NEA Rhode Island - Local Association Presidents