Hampshire County Schools, West Virginia
- Main article: Evaluation of West Virginia school district websites
- Meeting schedule, minutes, and agendas are available.
- Administrative officials are listed with contact information.
- School board members are listed, but contact information is not provided.
- Budget is not published. Teacher salary schedules are provided.
- Does not provide information on taxes, contracts, audits, academic performance, and background checks.
- No information is available on how to make public record requests.
Board of education
The School Board is made up of five members, each elected to a term of four years. Current members:
Robin J. Lewis is the Superintendent.
Per Pupil Spending
For 2006-2007, Berkeley County spent $8,202 per pupil. The state average was $9,611.
No Child Left Behind
Adequate Yearly Progress
|Year||County meet AYP?||Number of schools meeting AYP||Percentage of schools meeting AYP|
WESTEST (West Virginia Educational Standards Test) 2 is defined by the WVDOE as "a custom-designed assessment for West Virginia students. The individual content assessments measure a student’s levels of performance on clearly defined standards and objectives and skills."
WESTEST 2/APTA Assessment (2008-09)
|Subject||Percentage of students proficient|
The Hampshire County Education Association (HCEA) is the teacher's union for this school district. Gayle Allen is the President. It is a local affiliate of the West Virginia Education Association.
West Virginia is one of 10 states that does not have a charter school law.
By written request from a parent or guardian, a superintendent may transfer students from one school in the district to another. The county school board can also transfer students from one school district to another.
- Hampshire County Schools official site
- West Virginia Department of Education - Hampshire County schools
- West Virginia Schools and Education Online
- Schooltree district profile
- Educationbug district profile
- Education.com district profile
- Greatschools district profile
- ↑ Meetings
- ↑ Directory
- ↑ School Board
- ↑ Teacher salary schedule
- ↑ School Board members
- ↑ Great Schools Berkeley County Schools - spending per pupil
- ↑ West Virginia Department of Education - Hampshire County Schools - Adequate Yearly Progress
- ↑ West Virginia Department of Education - NCLB Data List by County
- ↑ WVDOE - NCLB History
- ↑ West Virginia Department of Education - WESTEST 2 Overview
- ↑ WVDOE - WESTEST2/APTA Assessment Data - School Year 2008-09
- ↑ Hampshire County Education Association
- ↑ Center for Education Reform, National Charter School Directory - West Virginia
- ↑ Great Schools, Barbour County Schools - Know your school choice options in West Virginia