Harbor Beach Community Schools, Michigan
- Main article: Evaluation of Michigan school district websites
- The 2009-2010 budget and the approved 2010-2011 budget, including revenue information, is posted.
- Personnel expenditures, employee compensation information, and an audit finance report are also posted.
- Minutes from recent school board meetings are posted on the district homepage.
- Administrative and school board information is not available.
- Meeting schedule, agendas, and archived minutes are not posted.
- Academic performance information is not available.
- Information regarding accessing public records is not available.
- Policies and procedures for background checks is not available.
- Teacher and vendor contracts are not posted.
Information about school board members is not available on the district website.
The 2010-2011 expenditures budget totals $5,044,265, including $1,435,846 in local revenue, $3,091,217 in state revenue, and $170,404 in federal revenue, as well as $348,872 in incoming transfers.
Superintendent Ron Kraft's made $300,000 in 2009 for his total compensation from the district. He was paid $49,200 for working 4 hours a day as a high school principal; $5,000 to check roads and weather conditions; $9,204 for working over the 225 days he contracted for; $39,724 for cashing in sick days; $30,000 in annuity benefits, and $63,038 in other fringe benefits.
- Search for Revenue and Expenditure Reports
- Search for Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Search for Categorical Grants
- Search for Michigan Merit Exam Test Scores
- 'ABC News', Local superintendent's compensation package draws scrutiny, September 24, 2010
- District Website
- Harbor Beach Community Schools District website
- Michigan Department of Education
- Michigan Education Association