Jamestown School District, Rhode Island
- Main article: Evaluation of Rhode Island school district websites
- School committee meetings posted on the calendar. Minutes and notes are published.
- District report card is posted.
- School committee members are listed with contact information.
- Administrative officials listed, but contact information is not provided.
- Current budget is not published, only 2008-09 is available.
- Does not provide information on taxes, contracts, audits, background checks, and how to make public record requests.
The School committee is composed of six members.
|Cathy Kaiser||Chair, Liaison for Legislation|
|Julia Held||Liaison to SELAC|
|William Brennan||Liaison to the Facility Committee and North Kingstown School Committee|
|Julie Kallfelz||Vice-Chair, Liaison to Lawn SIT (School Improvement Team) and SORICO|
|B.J. Whitehouse||Clerk, Liaison to Melrose SIT|
|Michael White||Town Council Liaison|
Marcia Lukon serves as Superintendent.
The proposed FY 2009 budget was $11,722,584. This was an increase over FY 2008 of $621,584 (5.60%).
In FY 2008 the District spent $15,847 per pupil, the sixth highest in the state.
In response to the No Child Left Behind Act, Rhode Island joined with Vermont and New Hampshire to create Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) and the New England Common Assessment Program (NECAP). NECAP results can be found on the Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education site.
Each year Information Works! (a partnership between the R.I. Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Center for School Improvement and Educational Policy at the University of Rhode Island) puts out an annual report on public education in Rhode Island, creating detailed report cards for each district.
2007-08 District school performance
In the 2007-08 school year, 2 schools (100%) in the district were classified as making Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP), none were Regents' Commended schools, and none were identified as in need of improvement.
|Classification||Number of schools||Percentage of schools|
|Made Adequate Yearly Progress||2||100%|
|Did not make AYP - Caution||0||0%|
|Did not make AYP - Insufficient Progress||0||0%|
The chart below details school classification indicators and targets:
|Level||Math 2008 state target||District's index score||English 2008 state target||District's index score|
The chart below details the percentage of students reaching proficiency on the following subjects:
The Jamestown Teachers Association (JTA) is the teacher's union for this school district. It is an affiliate of NEA Rhode Island (NEARI). Deb Barone and Jennifer Kittredge-Clark are Co-Presidents.
- ↑ Calendar
- ↑ Meetings
- ↑ Report Card
- ↑ School committee
- ↑ Administration
- ↑ 2008-09 Budget
- ↑ Jamestown school committee
- ↑ Jamestown School Dept - FY 2009 Budget by Department
- ↑ RIDE - FY 2008 Per Pupil Expenditures
- ↑ Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education - New England Common Assessment Program
- ↑ Infoworks! 2009 School District Performance Report
- ↑ Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Accountability 2009 Report
- ↑ Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Assessments 2009 Report
- ↑ NEA Rhode Island - Local Association Presidents