Lafayette County School District, Florida
- Main article: Evaluation of Florida school district websites
Last rated February 9, 2012.
- Union contract is posted.
- Meeting agendas and minutes posted but only for last meeting.
- Board members are listed with contact information except two members do not have phone numbers or emails listed.
- Budget is not published.
- Site does not have a search function.
- Does not provide information on academic performance, taxes, past meeting minutes and agendas, administrative officials, vendor contracts, audits, and background checks.
The school board controls school property, establishes, organizes, and operates the schools of the district, including: establishing schools, adopting enrollment plans, providing for school elimination and consolidation, cooperating with school boards of adjoining districts in maintaining schools, maintaining the school year schedule and other more specific duties as outlined in the Florida statute. 
It operates, controls and supervises the district's public schools as well as determines the rate of school district taxes, with the option of two or more school districts operating and financing educational programs together.
Below are the school district board members:
|School board member||District||Term||Term expires|
|Glenda Hart||District 1|
|Henry McCray||District 2|
|Robert Koon||District 3|
|Terry Fillyaw||District 4|
|Jerry Hill||District 5|
The Lafayette County School Board and the Lafayette Education Association negotiated an agreement for 2008-2009 on wages, hours and other conditions of employment.
The total budget for the 2008-09 year for Lafayette was $9,085,915.35. Of this total $5,245,227.52 was dedicated to employee salaries and $1,427,919.27 to employee benefits.
School revenue was allocated as such:
- State: $6,318,808.22
- Local: $1,345,810
- Other: $1,421,297.13
Currently, the district enrolls 1,082 students in their schools.
For 2008-09 Lafayette County school district received an "A" for the first time in the past five years.
Below is a chart of the school's grade based on the student's performance of the statewide test called the FCAT.
|School||Level||Grade: 2007-08||Grade: 2008-09|
|Lafayette High School||Combination||B||B|
- See also: Florida school choice
According to a recent survey, Lafayette County currently has no charter school opportunities, even though Florida has 378 charter schools statewide.
- Main article: Florida government sector lobbying
- Lafayette County School District official website
- Florida Smart - Lafayette County public schools
- Public School Review - Lafayette County
- Great Schools - Lafayette County
- ↑ LEA Agreement
- ↑ School Board
- ↑ School Board Members
- ↑ School board powers and duties, Florida statute
- ↑ School board members
- ↑ 2008-2009 Agreement
- ↑ Lafayette County 2008-09 school budget
- ↑ Lafayette County School District Information
- ↑ [Recovery government website
- ↑ Suwannee Democrat, An ‘A’ for Lafayette schools, June 22, 2009
- ↑ Florida School Accountability Reports
- ↑ [http://www.floridaschoolchoice.org/Information/Charter_Schools/Directory/Default.aspx Florida Charter School List by District
- ↑ Florida School Boards Association members list
- ↑ Small School District Council Consortium Members