Little Compton School District, Rhode Island
- Main article: Evaluation of Rhode Island school district websites
- School committee members are listed with contact information. Agendas posted.
- Only administrative officials listed are Superintendent and Principal.
- Meeting minutes are not posted.
- Budget is not published.
- Does not provide information on taxes, contracts, audits, academic performance, background checks, and how to make public record requests.
The school committee is composed of five members.
|Lynn Brousseau Lebreux||Vice-Chair||2012|
Harold Devine serves as Superintendent.
In FY 2007 the District had a budget of $5,930,975.
In FY 2008 per pupil spending was $13,663.
In response to the No Child Left Behind Act, Rhode Island joined with Vermont and New Hampshire to create Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) and the New England Common Assessment Program (NECAP). NECAP results can be found on the Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education site.
Each year Information Works! (a partnership between the R.I. Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Center for School Improvement and Educational Policy at the University of Rhode Island) puts out an annual report on public education in Rhode Island, creating detailed report cards for each district.
2007-08 District school performance
In the 2007-08 school year, the 1 school in the district was classified as making Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP), but was not a Regents' Commended school.
The chart below details school classification indicators and targets:
|Level||Math 2008 state target||District's index score||English 2008 state target||District's index score|
The chart below details the percentage of students reaching proficiency on the following subjects:
- ↑ School Committee
- ↑ Administration
- ↑ Little Compton school committee
- ↑ RIDE - Little Compton School Dept 2006-2007 District Expenditures
- ↑ RIDE - FY 2008 Per Pupil Expenditures
- ↑ Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education - New England Common Assessment Program
- ↑ Infoworks! 2009 School District Performance Report
- ↑ Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Accountability 2009 Report
- ↑ Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Assessments 2009 Report
- ↑ NEA Rhode Island - Local Association Presidents