Manatee County is one of 67 counties in Florida, created in 1855. The county seat is Bradenton. Manatee County's estimated population in 2009 was 318,361.
Evaluation of website
This site was last evaluated on Feb. 27, 2013.
- Budget is available online.
- Budgets are archived to 2005. 
- Board meeting schedule is posted. 
- Agendas and minutes are posted.
- Elected Officials
- County commissioners are listed with contact information.
- Administrative officials are listed with contact information on their respective department pages.
- Permits and Zoning
- Building permits are available.
- Zoning information is provided. 
- Audits are posted. 
- Audits are archived to 2005.
- Local tax information is provided.
- The county disclosed memberships to lobbying associations and that it employs lobbyists to represent the county.
- They also post a list of the legislative priorities that the county is lobbying for on the site.
- The total amount spent on lobbying firms is noted through a link to open secrets.
- Public Records
- The county gives information on how to submit a public records request and gives complete contact information for its Public Information Officer.
- Has a searchable database on RFP, bids and approved proposals documents. There is also vendor registration information available.
Public records request
In September 2008, Democratic congressional candidate Christine Jennings filed what was described as "a large public information request" under the Florida Sunshine Law with the county's election supervisor.
- Main article: Florida government sector lobbying
Manatee County has reported $849,500 spent on lobbying the federal government since 2000 (see table).
Reported lobbying expenditures, 2000-2010 
|| Amount spent on lobbying
From 2002 onward, all of the lobbying expenditures have come from the Manatee County Administrators Office.
Incorporated cities in Manatee
- City of Anna Maria
- City of Bradenton
- City of Bradenton Beach
- City of Holmes Beach
- Town of Longboat Key
- City of Palmetto
For Manatee County, the clerk or comptroller performs the internal audits.