Nassau County School District, Florida
- Main article: Evaluation of Florida school district websites
Last rated February 11, 2012.
- School board members are listed with contact information. Meeting schedule, minutes and agenda available.
- Administrative officials listed under respective departments.
- Student progression plans include information dealing with student academic performance. Includes a link to SPAR reports.
- A budget summary is posted and includes millage information.
- Bids and bid results posted.
- Audits available for individual schools.
- Full budget not available.
- District-wide audit not available.
- Site does not have a search function.
- Does not provide information on contracts, audits, and background checks.
- Does not explain how to make public records requests.
The school board controls school property, establishes, organizes, and operates the schools of the district, including: establishing schools, adopting enrollment plans, providing for school elimination and consolidation, cooperating with school boards of adjoining districts in maintaining schools, maintaining the school year schedule and other more specific duties as outlined in the Florida statute. 
It operates, controls and supervises the district's public schools as well as determines the rate of school district taxes, with the option of two or more school districts operating and financing educational programs together.
Below are the school board district board members: 
|Donna Martin||District 1|
|Gail Cook||District 2|
|Muriel Creamer, Chair||District 3|
|Jim Adams||District 4|
|Kathy Burns, Vice-Chair||District 5|
The total spending budget for the district is $81,801,000, which is split into four general segments which guide spending:
- Instruction: $38,302,000
- Teacher Salaries: $28,374,000
- Pupils: $2,533,000
- Total Support Services: $25,164,000
In March 2009 the school district announced that it is planning to cut the 2009-2010 budget by $8 million. As part of the budget cuts Atlantic Elementary School will be closed. This is in addition to the $5.5 million in reductions from the 2008-2009 budget. 
In early 2012, Jacksonville's The Florida Times-Union requested public salary data from more than 90 North Florida government agencies for 2010-11. Below are the highest paid Nassau County School employees in 2010:
|Name||Year||Employer||Base Pay||Total Pay|
|JOHN, RUIS||2010||Nassau County Public Schools||$143,636.66||$143,636.66|
|GREGORY, GREETIS||2010||Nassau County Public Schools||$94,492.08||$94,492.08|
|EDWARD, TURVEY||2010||Nassau County Public Schools||$93,973.00||$93,973.00|
|SUSAN, FARMER||2010||Nassau County Public Schools||$90,263.00||$90,263.00|
|LINDA, MORRIS||2010||Nassau County Public Schools||$87,459.00||$87,459.00|
|SHARYL, WOOD||2010||Nassau County Public Schools||$85,388.00||$85,388.00|
The Nassau County School District has received an 'A' rating for the 2008-2009 school year, with nine schools receiving an 'A' rating and none receiving an 'F'. 
Below is a chart of the school's grade based on the student's performance of the statewide test called the FCAT.
|School||Level||Grade 2008-09||Grade 2007-08|
|Bryceville Elementary School||Elementary||A||A|
|Callahan Intermediate School||Elementary||A||A|
|Callahan Middle School||Middle||A||A|
|Emma Love Hardee Elementary||Elementary||A||A|
|Fernandina Beach High School||High||C||A|
|Fernandina Beach Middle School||Middle||A||A|
|Hilliard Elementary School||Elementary||A||A|
|Hilliard Middle-Senior High||Combination||B||A|
|West Nassau County High School||High||D||B|
|Yulee Elementary School||Elementary||A||A|
|Yulee High School||High||A||D|
|Yulee Middle School||Middle||A||A|
West Nassau County High School is contesting their 'D' result attributing it to a reporting error. Due to the poor performance of the lowest quartile of the test takers, the Nassau County School Board is reviewing NCHS' Principal Ron Booker during contract renewals. The school's grade has fluctuated from a B to a D since his tenure. 
- Nassau County School District official website
- Florida Smart - Nassau County
- FL Dept of Education - Nassau School District Data
- School Matters - Nassau County
- School Finder - Nassau County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 School Board
- ↑ Departments
- ↑ Student Progression Plans
- ↑ SPAR
- ↑ Budget
- ↑ Bids
- ↑ School Financial Reports
- ↑ School board powers and duties, Florida statute
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 School board members
- ↑ Nassau County Florida Supervisor of Elections
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Nassau County School District Information
- ↑ Fernandina Beach News-Leader | School cuts: 'Everything is on the table'
- ↑ Allocations under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- ↑ Salary findings for North Florida government agencies
- ↑ [=4 Nassua school salaries]
- ↑ Florida School Accountability Reports
- ↑ Fernandina Beach News-Leader
- ↑ http://aimit.feaweb.org/iframe/LocalDetails.aspx?CID=85478933-2612-4BA1-90D4-450D662CEE90&CNAME=Nassau%20County FEA Affiliates - Nassau County