Orange County, Florida
Evaluation of website
- Main article: Evaluation of Florida county websites
- The budget is available, along with budget for prior years.
- Board agendas and meeting minutes are available. Meetings can be viewed live online.
- County Commissioners are listed with contact information.
- Building permits are available, including a search function for past issued permits. Zoning information is available.
- Contracts are available online, along with bidding and other information.
- Local tax information is available.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- There is some information on making public records requests, but it is available by department and does not provide instructions or forms. 
Orange County is divided into six single-member districts represented by commissioners. The commissioners' annual salaries are $92,097. Current members of the Board of County Commissioners, as of June 2011:
|S. Scott Boyd||Commissioner||District 1|
|Fred Brummer||Commissioner||District 2|
|Lui Damiani||Commissioner||District 3|
|Jennifer Thompson||Commissioner||District 4|
|Ted Edwards||Commissioner||District 5|
|Tiffany Moore Russell||Commissioner||District 6|
Board meetings are held every Tuesday at 9 a.m. and broadcast live on OrangeTV. Meetings are replayed every Tuesday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 7 a.m.
In late 2008 reporters organized by the Florida Society of Newspaper Editors requested the most recent budget emails from central Florida county officials in order to audit the responses.
All record requests in Orange County were met, with the exception of the Sheriff's Office. The requesting party was referred to the public-information office, who said the records might not exist, and that they would have to file a written request.
Capt. Angelo Nieves responded by saying the request was vague and that "We did as much as we could based on the circumstances. Obviously, there was an ongoing effort in trying to fulfill the request."
While requests from the Orange County Public Schools office and county administrator's office were fulfilled, confusion still occurred. In both cases officials said that if the requesting party had spoken with the correct person in the correct department, that the records could have been easily provided. 
- Main article: Florida government sector lobbying
|Year||Amount spent on lobbying|
- Official Orange County Website
- Orange County Property Appraiser
- Orange County on E-Reference
- Orange County Sheriff's Office
- Orange County Public Schools
- Orange County Health Department
- ↑ U.S. Census Bureau
- ↑ Florida's charter counties
- ↑ Budget
- ↑ Agendas
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Board of County Commissioners
- ↑ Permitting
- ↑ Permit Search
- ↑ Zoning
- ↑ Contracts
- ↑ Tax Collector
- ↑ Public Records and Information
- ↑ Elected county constitutional officers salaries
- ↑ Orange County Board of County Commissioners
- ↑ Board of County Commissioners live broadcasts
- ↑ Orlando Sentinel, Public-records requests befuddle county staffs, November 22, 2008
- ↑ Client List
- ↑ Open Secrets
- ↑ PBC Clerk & Comptroller 5.30.07