Portsmouth School District, Rhode Island
- Main article: Evaluation of Rhode Island school district websites
- School committee members are listed with contact information.
- Current budget is published.
- Meeting schedule, minutes, and agendas posted.
- Labor contracts are posted.
- Administrative officials are listed with contact information.
- Vendor contracts are not available.
- Does not provide information on taxes, audits, academic performance, background checks, and how to make public record requests.
The school committee is composed of seven members:
|Sylvia Wedge||Vice Chair|
Susan Lusi serves as Superintendent.
The teacher's contract is available on the District's website.
The FY 2010 Budget request totals $35,746,286. This is an increase of 2.89%. Some key facts:
- Salaries are projected to increase by $430,689 (2.16%)
- Benefits are projected to increase by $685,941 (9.25%)
- Capital has increased by $5,791 (5.41%)
In response to the No Child Left Behind Act, Rhode Island joined with Vermont and New Hampshire to create Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) and the New England Common Assessment Program (NECAP). NECAP results can be found on the Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education site.
Each year Information Works! (a partnership between the R.I. Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Center for School Improvement and Educational Policy at the University of Rhode Island) puts out an annual report on public education in Rhode Island, creating detailed report cards for each district.
2007-08 District school performance
In the 2007-08 school year, 2 schools (40%) in the district were classified as making Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP), none were Regents' Commended schools, and none were identified as in need of improvement.
|Classification||Number of schools||Percentage of schools|
|Made Adequate Yearly Progress||2||40%|
|Did not make AYP - Caution||3||60%|
|Did not make AYP - Insufficient Progress||0||0%|
The chart below details school classification indicators and targets:
|Level||Math 2008 state target||District's index score||English 2008 state target||District's index score|
The chart below details the percentage of students reaching proficiency on the following subjects:
- ↑ School committee
- ↑ 2009-10 Budget
- ↑ Meeting info
- ↑ Contracts
- ↑ Administration
- ↑ Portsmouth school committee
- ↑ Portsmouth Schools - Teacher Contract
- ↑ Portsmouth Schools - 2009-2010 Budget
- ↑ Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education - New England Common Assessment Program
- ↑ Infoworks! 2009 School District Performance Report
- ↑ Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Accountability 2009 Report
- ↑ Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Assessments 2009 Report
- ↑ NEA Rhode Island - Local Association Presidents