Roane County Schools, West Virginia
- Main article: Evaluation of West Virginia school district websites
- Administrative officials are listed with contact information.
- Provides a link to WV report card data.
- Budget is not published.
- School board members are listed, but contact info is not available.
- Does not provide information on taxes, contracts, audits, and background checks.
- No information is available on how to make public record requests.
Board of education
The School Board is made up of five members:
|Joe Painter, President||District 2||June 30, 2012|
|Randy Whited, Vice-President||District 2||June 30, 2010|
|Paul Cummings||District 3||June 30, 2012|
|Russell Moore||District 1||June 30, 2010|
|Tom Young||District 3||June 30, 2010|
Steve Goffreda is the Superintendent.
Per Pupil Spending
For 2006-2007, Roane County spent $8,795 per pupil. The state average was $9,611.
No Child Left Behind
Adequate Yearly Progress
|Year||County meet AYP?||Number of schools meeting AYP||Percentage of schools meeting AYP|
WESTEST (West Virginia Educational Standards Test) 2 is defined by the WVDOE as "a custom-designed assessment for West Virginia students. The individual content assessments measure a stuent’s levels of performance on clearly defined standards and objectives and skills."
WESTEST 2/APTA Assessment (2008-09)
|Subject||Percentage of students proficient|
West Virginia is one of 10 states that does not have a charter school law.
By written request from a parent or guardian, a superintendent may transfer students from one school in the district to another. The county school board can also transfer students from one school district to another.
- Roane County Schools official site
- West Virginia Department of Education - Roane County schools
- West Virginia Schools and Education Online
- Education.com - schools in Roane County
- School Tree - district profile
- Great Schools - district profile
- ↑ Administration
- ↑ WV Report Card
- ↑ School Board
- ↑ School Board members
- ↑ Great Schools Roane County Schools - spending per pupil
- ↑ West Virginia Department of Education - Roane County Schools - Adequate Yearly Progress
- ↑ West Virginia Department of Education - NCLB Data List by County
- ↑ WVDOE - NCLB History
- ↑ West Virginia Department of Education - WESTEST 2 Overview
- ↑ WVDOE - WESTEST2/APTA Assessment Data - School Year 2008-09
- ↑ West Virginia Education Association - Local affiliates
- ↑ Center for Education Reform, National Charter School Directory - West Virginia
- ↑ Great Schools," Barbour County Schools - Know your school choice options in West Virginia