Scituate School District, Rhode Island
- Main article: Evaluation of Rhode Island school district websites
- School committee members are listed with contact information.
- Meeting schedule, minutes, and agendas are posted.
- Current budget is published.
- Administrative officials are listed, but contact information is not provided.
- Does not provide information on taxes, contracts, audits, academic performance, background checks, and how to make public record requests.
The school committee is composed of five members elected at-large for four years.
Paul Lescault is the Superintendent.
In June 2009 the Scituate Teachers Association voted to approve a new three year contract with the District. The Union gave up their 3% cost of living increases in order to save teachers' jobs. The District was prepared to cut 22.2 full time credentialed positions, but with the new agreement, they will only be cutting six or seven. Many teachers will get back their raise in some way by FY 2013.
The FY 2010 proposed budget is $21,080,786. This is exactly the same as the FY 2009 actual budget.
In FY 2008 the District spent $12,355 per pupil.
In response to the No Child Left Behind Act, Rhode Island joined with Vermont and New Hampshire to create Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) and the New England Common Assessment Program (NECAP). NECAP results can be found on the Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education site.
Each year Information Works! (a partnership between the R.I. Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Center for School Improvement and Educational Policy at the University of Rhode Island) puts out an annual report on public education in Rhode Island, creating detailed report cards for each district.
2007-08 District school performance
In the 2007-08 school year, 5 schools (100%) in the district were classified as making Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP), none were Regents' Commended schools, and none were identified as in need of improvement.
|Classification||Number of schools||Percentage of schools|
|Made Adequate Yearly Progress||5||100%|
|Did not make AYP - Caution||0||0%|
|Did not make AYP - Insufficient Progress||0||0%|
The chart below details school classification indicators and targets:
|Level||Math 2008 state target||District's index score||English 2008 state target||District's index score|
The chart below details the percentage of students reaching proficiency on the following subjects:
- ↑ School committee
- ↑ Meetings
- ↑ Minutes
- ↑ Agendas
- ↑ 2009-10 Budget
- ↑ Administration
- ↑ Scituate school committee
- ↑ Wicked Local "Scituate schools, teachers reach agreement," June 24, 2009
- ↑ Scituate Schools - 2009-10 Proposed Budget
- ↑ RIDE - FY 2008 Per Pupil Expenditures
- ↑ Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education - New England Common Assessment Program
- ↑ Infoworks! 2009 School District Performance Report
- ↑ Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Accountability 2009 Report
- ↑ Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Assessments 2009 Report
- ↑ NEA Rhode Island - Local Association Presidents