Warwick School District, Rhode Island
- Main article: Evaluation of Rhode Island school district websites
- Administrative officials are listed with contact information.
- School committee members are listed with contact information. Meeting agendas and minutes are posted.
- 2009-10 Budget is published.
- Does not provide information on taxes, contracts, audits, academic performance, background checks, and how to make public record requests.
The school committee is composed of five members:
|Lucille Mota-Costa||Vice Chair|
|Patrick Maloney, Jr.||Member|
Peter Horoschak is the Superintendent.
The FY 2010 budget is $163,143,219. This is an increase of $4,077,916 (2.56%) over FY 2009. Warwick has the second highest budget in the state.
In FY 2008 they spent $15,688 per pupil.
In response to the No Child Left Behind Act, Rhode Island joined with Vermont and New Hampshire to create Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) and the New England Common Assessment Program (NECAP). NECAP results can be found on the Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education site.
Each year Information Works! (a partnership between the R.I. Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Center for School Improvement and Educational Policy at the University of Rhode Island) puts out an annual report on public education in Rhode Island, creating detailed report cards for each district.
2007-08 District school performance
In the 2007-08 school year, 24 schools (92%) in the district were classified as making Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP), 2 (8%) were Regents' Commended schools, and one was identified as in need of improvement.
|Classification||Number of schools||Percentage of schools|
|Made Adequate Yearly Progress||24||92%|
|Did not make AYP - Caution||1||4%|
|Did not make AYP - Insufficient Progress||1||4%|
The chart below details school classification indicators and targets:
|Level||Math 2008 state target||District's index score||English 2008 state target||District's index score|
The chart below details the percentage of students reaching proficiency on the following subjects:
The Warwick Teachers Union (WTU) is the teacher's union for this school district. It is an affiliate of American Federation of Teachers, Rhode Island Federation of Teachers, Providence Central Federated Council, and the Rhode Island AFL-CIO. James J. Ginolfi is the President.
- ↑ Phone Directory
- ↑ School committee
- ↑ 2009-10 Budget
- ↑ Warwick school committee
- ↑ Warwick Schools FY 2010 Budget Presentation
- ↑ RIDE - FY 2008 Per Pupil Expenditures
- ↑ Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education - New England Common Assessment Program
- ↑ Infoworks! 2009 School District Performance Report
- ↑ Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Accountability 2009 Report
- ↑ Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Assessments 2009 Report
- ↑ Warwick Teachers Union