Wyandotte County, Kansas
- Main article: Evaluation of Kansas county websites
This website was reviewed on Feb. 5, 2013.
- Elected Officials
- County commissioners are listed with contact information.
- Contact information for administrative officials is posted. 
- Bid and contract information is posted.
- Audits are posted.
- Audits are archived to 2001.
- Public Records
- Permits and Zoning
- The public relations department describes its duties as including legislative lobbying.
- Links to archived agendas and minutes older than 2010 are dead.
- The amount of money spent on Taxpayer-funded lobbying is not posted.
- Contracts with private lobbying firms are not posted.
|Rev. Mark Holland||At-large, District 1|
|John J. Mendez||At-large, District 2|
|Thomas R. Cooley||7|
|Benoyd M. Ellison||8|
|Source||Revenue||% of Total|
|Charges for Service||$45,924,850||17%|
|Area||Expenditures||% of Total|
The unified government has $180 million in unfunded liabilities for county employees' retirement benefits. The ratio of these liabilities to current payroll is 165.8%.
Board of public utilities
Wyandotte County/Kansas City, KS, has $21 million in unfunded liabilities for the BPU pension plan, and $42.1 in unfunded liabilities for the BPU other post-employment benefits.
The 2012 mill levy for Wyandotte County/Kansas City, KS, is 81.396, up from 74.711 in 2011.
In 2011, Kansas City, KS, won its pitch to have Google select the city as the site of its new Fiber Project, whose goal is to develop super-fast internet access. Kansas City came out ahead of 1,100 other cities that applied, including Topeka, KS, which even went so far as to rename itself Google for a day in an effort to secure the Google project.
- Wyandotte County official website
- Wyandotte County employee payroll 2010, Kansas Watchdog
- Wyandotte County Appraiser's Website
- Wyandotte County on Epodunk
- ↑ U.S. Census Bureau "QuickFacts," Accessed November 20, 2011
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Board of Commissioners
- ↑ Administration
- ↑ Current Agendas and Minutes
- ↑ Meeting archives
- ↑ Budget
- ↑ Budget archives
- ↑ Taxes
- ↑ Treasury
- ↑ Purchasing
- ↑ Audits
- ↑ Public Relations Open Records Request
- ↑ Freedom of Information Officer
- ↑ Permits
- ↑ Zoning & Subdivision Regulations
- ↑ Public Relations
- ↑ Wyandotte County, Kansas City, Kansas "Government," Accessed November 20, 2011
- ↑ Kansas City Examiner "KC Mayors Win OneKC Award," Accessed November 20, 2011
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 WYCOKCK "2010 CAFR," Accessed November 20, 2011
- ↑ CBS News "Google to boost Internet in Kansas City, Kan.," Accessed November 20, 2011
State of Kansas
Open Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |